Monday, August 18, 2008

Level 1 - Pauline Francis


This is the space for submitting reviews of Pauline Francis's books (just click on 'Comments').
Pauline Francis has had a career as a teacher, translator and librarian - now she writes books for young people. As well as her own stories she re-writes classics (Fast-Track Classics) for kids.
Some of the Fast-Track Classics we have in the Library are: Frankenstein, Dracula, Jane Eyre, The War of the Worlds, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, and The Wizard of Oz.

2 comments:

Jordan Dyer said...

Ebenezer Scrooge was a cruel man he would not give poor people any money. His friend died Marley. Bob cratchet his work assistant he hardley got to see his family he worked to hard. My opinion on the book is,

Samantha McIlory said...

Black Beauty
By pauline Francis

The book i did for my blob was Black Beauty.I liked it because it is very exiting and imaginitif.
My favorite character is Black Beauty because he is a horse and i think horses are cool.
My favorite part is at the end because Anna and her mum live happily ever after with the 3 horses as they get a new stable.
I would recommed this to some of my friends because not all of them like horses or have a good imagination.It was a very nice book and i would read it again and it was really exiting and kind of sad story and I felt sorry for the horses because they had to keep moving stables,I liked it because it had a happy ending and i would say this book is for ages 9 and up