Monday, August 18, 2008

Level 1 - Roald Dahl



This is the space for submitting reviews of Roald Dahl's books (just click on 'Comments').


Roald Dahl was born in Wales 1916 to Norwegian parents. As a young man he served in the RAF, until 1942 when as an invalid in the USA, he discovered he could make money from writing. At first he wrote for adults, then in 1961 James and the Giant Peach was published. It was inspired by bedtime stories he told his children. He became the most successful children's author in the world. Find out more at the great new website http://www.roalddahl.com/.


The Library has most of his children's books as well as his collected stories for adults, and his autobiography Going Solo.

2 comments:

Aidon Campbell 1P4 said...

I have been reading Matilda by Roald Dahl. Matilda is about a young girl who didn't go to school until she was 6 years old and she also was a very smart girl for her age.I thought it was a good book to read, my favourite charactor was Matilda. I think the book is suiltable for my sister Chloe who is coming ten in the second of November

Lauren McGrath said...

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

I have recently read a book called "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," it is about a boy called Charlie and how he won the chance to visit Mr Willy Wonka's factory. Charlie was one of the lucky few to find a golden ticket and was most grateful too,he went to the factory and saw some amazing sites in the end he got given the factory by Willy Wonka. I really enjoyed this book,it really catches your imagination and takes you to a different place. My favourite character were the Oompa Loompas,Grandpa Joe and Will Wonka. The Oompa Loompas were very amusing and Grandpa Joe and Willy Wonka made the book what it was.My favourite event was either when they flew out the glass lift or when Veruca got attacked by the squirrels as she gets spoilt rotten and she got what was coming to her. I would recommend this book to anyonr as it's really good and exciting and I think anyone would enjoy it.